Group Corporate Counsel
Heimstaden is a leading residential real estate company with more than 116,000 homes across ten European countries and a property value of SEK 187 billion. We buy, develop, and manage properties with an evergreen perspective, and every day our 1,800 people create value for owners and Friendly Homes for customers guided by our values – Dare, Care, Share.
Heimstaden is now making room for a Corporate Counsel to join our Legal and Tax team working with corporate and real estate legal issues across Europe with particular focus on new market entries. Based in Central Oslo or Malmö, the role is new and the right candidate will be expected to shape the role together with the Chief Legal Officer. Strong knowledge of corporate law and real estate experience will set you up for success.
Some of your responsibilities are to:
- Provide general corporate law advice within areas such as group reorganisations, legal structure, share issuances and capital structure.
- Draft and review real estate and other commercial agreements.
- Structure Heimstaden’s approach to day-to-day issues such as corporate formalities, registrations, and applications.
- Contribute to various initiatives across departments, such as development projects, M&A, and reorganisations.
- Manage projects within the Legal team in areas such as Governance, Risk, Compliance, and GDPR.
- Perform legal research and stay up to date on changes in laws, regulations, and new technologies pertaining to the real estate industry.
Skills and Personal Characteristics:
- Analytical and driven with high work capacity.
- Structured and methodical, with an eye for the details as well as the big picture.
- Strong relationship builder and communicator.
- Dare to ask questions and challenge existing ways of working.
- Strong understanding of corporate law.
- Outstanding written and spoken English language skills.
We believe you have:
- A university degree in Law.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience from law firm or an industrial company as inhouse lawyer.
- Experience from an international corporate environment.
- Real estate experience is an advantage.
What we offer you:
We live our values CARE, DARE and SHARE, making it important for us that you dare to be straightforward and fearless of questioning current routines, while still possessing the likeable traits of being a team player, helping the organization’s continuous growth with a WE before ME mentality. You will join:
- A challenging position at Europe’s fastest growing real estate company with recent expansions into new European markets and a high number of legal entities.
- International working life with good opportunities for career development.
- A fast-paced and dynamic working environment with a Legal team of highly skilled colleagues based across several European countries.
For questions, please contact Svenn-Erik Warholm at firstname.lastname@example.org / +47 917 37 272 or Kristian Berentsen, Chief Legal Officer, at email@example.com / +47 419 16 535.